Sketching 1p2U.com · Tuesday January 22, 2008 by Crosbie Fitch
1p2U Widget for Blogger
This widget helps demonstrate that the owner of the blog site is authorised to receive credit for blog articles posted there, and thus incentivised to publish articles in exchange for pennies pledged by their readers.
- Blog author may have a means of identifying specific blog posts as unworthy.
- Blog author may have multiple feeds and widgets for each.
1p2U Widget to Reader
The widget may render as a reader/cookie dependent image, e.g. different symbols/colours according to reader relationship/status.
The widget may have an immediate subscription toggle (light green=subscribing, dark green=not).
- Current setting recorded by cookie.
If not ‘logged in’, subscribe-ON is counted as an uncredited pledge and remains unassociated with any account. It will be associated with the next person to log-in – subject to approval.
Widget has hyperlink to visit 1p2U.com
- Shows details of blogger’s current sponsorship
- Shows details of reader’s current status (new, returning, registered, logged-in)
- Provides sponsorship options
Default pledge 1p per post (max 24 posts per day, 70 per week, 200 per month, 500 per year)
- Max annual fee: £5
May be other options to pledge:
- Max 1p per day if blog post occurs
- Max 1p per week if blog post occurs (measured from user subscribe day)
- Max 1p per 4weeks if blog post occurs (measured from user subscribe day)
- Max annual fee:s £3.65, 52p, 13p.
- Colours: Yellow, Blue, Turquoise
- Login: username & pwd (min interval between failures from same IP doubles from 1 sec).
- Register: e-mail – confirmation sent
- Public terminal: Cookie has short expiry
- Register (to get widget for your blog)
- Login (to access your control panel)
- Number of bloggers using 1p2U widgets
- Number of subscribers
- Maximum daily revenue
- Top ten blogs based on actual subscription revenue
Options to set e-mail address for notification options, registration, payment, etc.
Registration confirmation page
We already have a previously entered entered e-mail address.
Unless the e-mail is already registered, a confirmation e-mail URL has been sent to the e-mail address and this has enabled the registrant to visit this page.
NB Only such confirmation e-mails will be sent until the URL is clicked. Minimum period between successive e-mails will double from 30mins.
Clicking on the URL will visit the 1p2U.com registration page.
New registrant details
- Registrant E-mail address: for info
- Input Username: any (never published)
- Input Password: any (secret) (rejected if same as other’s password to same username)
- Username is sent to e-mail address by way of confirming registration
- Input Username:
- Input Password: hidden
- Edit E-mail address (requires confirmation by new e-mail – will merge if existing account)
- Edit Username
- Edit Password
- Edit Display Name
- Edit homepage
- Display name: Any (potentially public)
- Permit display name and e-mail domain to be published as sponsor
- Expenditure – how much spent
- Paid – how much deposited
- Dues – how much spent in excess of deposits
- Exposure – how many blogs subscribed to, forecast expenditure given blog posting averages
- Credit – recommended minimum funds necessary to cover current subscriptions (for 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year)
- Deposit funds
- Earnings – how much pledged
- Received – how much received
- Dues – how much due to receive
- Revenue – how many subscribers, forecast earnings/receipts given blog posting averages and credit rating of readers
- Choose withdrawal method Paypal/Cheque
- Edit PayPal reception e-mail/ postal address for cheque
- Withdraw funds
Blogger Widget Options
- Edit Blog URL
- Generate widget
- Widget will contain “Display Name” @ e-mail domain.